• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.regalis sub adult ?

Logan D

3 Year Member
its a regalis it was to young to show the band after the molt you can clearly see the band and the carapace matches that of a regalis along with leg patterns im guessing part of it is the seller is using an iphone and doesn't have correct lighting and in the case this is an actual hybrid I would inform people who were interested in slings

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
its a regalis it was to young to show the band after the molt you can clearly see the band and the carapace matches that of a regalis along with leg patterns im guessing part of it is the seller is using an iphone and doesn't have correct lighting and in the case this is an actual hybrid I would inform people who were interested in slings[/QUOTE]
You're saying your last pic was the same spider?

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Negative. Read Arachnoclowns post, or any other post on regalis abdomen bands, on any forum you choose. Yes, there is dimorphism in poecis, and no, it's not a regalis. This is how the dreaded hybrids are made. If you don't know, don't guess and state it as fact. Thanks for playing.

I was going off the last photo OP posted. You don’t think that is regalis?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im on about the op saying"heres a pic i took this morning" and not stating its the same ****ing spider he's talking about. After pics of other regalis were introduced showing the band that ALL REGALIS HAVE. He posted a pic looking like a totally different spider, and didnt say it wasnt. Because the first pic was directly after a molt. Derp, how the hell is anyone going to know? Unless its stated in the post..thats what im on about. Understand now? Ok, bye.

Logan D

3 Year Member
okay since people are a bit confused the 5in male in the pictures of this forum was clearly to young for the white band to appear, so I had suspected a hybrid or different species of pokie but after it molting the white band did appear. (which is why my last photo says "picture from this morning ahh theres that white band") I was mostly interested in figuring out if it was male or female which I have done and seeing if the possibility of a hybrid.

different subject rant start

now with that being said I know hybrids are frowned upon, but here in the states they have banned 5 species of pokies and we don't have much choice as to what we can do we can no longer ship them across state lines without a 200 dollar permit. (https://tomsbigspiders.com/tag/poecilotheria/) link to the article I read so I feel as if a hybrid would be kinda a loop hole. I feel that with that ruling pokies are really impacted cause it effects a lot of breeding projects in the states. In my state of iowa im lucky to find a rose hair or avic avic in the stores around me so im scared for the future of them now people are forced to do illegal things because of this ruling and I feel like the population of those species will drop in the states this is just kind of my opinion I just came back to the hobby and was sad to se that ruling because the breeding projects in the us have helped them not become so rare I remember when I first bought a P. Metallica and they were pretty rare and you'd pay almost 200 dollars for a sling and now they are everywhere and you pay at most 100 dollars I believe that hybrid could work around this ruling while also carrying the genes of those impacted species and saving people from doing illegal things like shipping them over state lines or crossing state lines like I would love to have p.ornatas and p.subfuscas high land but sadly I will not be able to obtain any now unless me and a seller break the law im done now but id like to hear some opinions on the whole hybrid situation

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
okay since people are a bit confused the 5in male in the pictures of this forum was clearly to young for the white band to appear, so I had suspected a hybrid or different species of pokie but after it molting the white band did appear. (which is why my last photo says "picture from this morning ahh theres that white band") I was mostly interested in figuring out if it was male or female which I have done and seeing if the possibility of a hybrid.

now with that being said I know hybrids are frowned upon, but here in the states they have banned 5 species of pokies and we don't have much choice as to what we can do we can no longer ship them across state lines without a 200 dollar permit. (https://tomsbigspiders.com/tag/poecilotheria/) link to the article I read so I feel as if a hybrid would be kinda a loop hole. I feel that with that ruling pokies are really impacted cause it effects a lot of breeding projects in the states. In my state of iowa im lucky to find a rose hair or avic avic in the stores around me so im scared for the future of them now people are forced to do illegal things because of this ruling and I feel like the population of those species will drop in the states this is just kind of my opinion I just came back to the hobby and was sad to se that ruling because the breeding projects in the us have helped them not become so rare I remember when I first bought a P. Metallica and they were pretty rare and you'd pay almost 200 dollars for a sling and now they are everywhere and you pay at most 100 dollars I believe that hybrid could work around this ruling while also carrying the genes of those impacted species and saving people from doing illegal things like shipping them over state lines or crossing state lines like I would love to have p.ornatas and p.subfuscas high land but sadly I will not be able to obtain any now unless me and a seller break the law im done now but id like to hear some opinions on the whole hybrid situation

Really??? So you get pulled over and you think a police officer is going to correctly I.D. the tarantulas you have in a box in the back seat. Lmao!!! Not going to happen.:D

Latest posts