• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.regalis sub adult ?

Logan D

3 Year Member
This p.regalis doesnt really look like one just curious what everyone elses thoughts are

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 61

Logan D

3 Year Member
And here's pictures of her underside where the white band is not shown so I'm wondering if maybe shes a hybrid she was bought from a pet store ans they had her labeled as a regalis

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 39
  • imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 47

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You are correct, no band, not a regalis. Maybe a ghost ornamental? There's better people to ask, I never really caught poeci fever. Someone here will have an answer for you though.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Infact. It could still be regalis but the dorsal pic is throwing me off. It is definitely male though. Either striata or regalis.

Logan D

3 Year Member
Infact. It could still be regalis but the dorsal pic is throwing me off. It is definitely male though. Either striata or regalis.
Yeah that's what I thought it looks like a regalis but it doesnt are you sure its a Male here is a picture of the molt

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 14

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's no band at all. Not a regalis :) It's the only thing I'm sure of in this thread. There's not even a hint of one. That is not a regalis. It may be a tricky hybrid, or some other sp., but it is not a regalis.

Logan D

3 Year Member
Here's another picture of him/her stickystien says the flap is there that makes it a female

Attachments

• IMG_10591.jpg
    IMG_10591.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 19

Logan D

3 Year Member
Another picture he sent me

Attachments

• IMG_10571.jpg
    IMG_10571.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_10571.jpg
    IMG_10571.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 15

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cant tell if it's female from the pic..but that spider is NOT a regalis. Ive looked at my female, a perfect specimen of the sp., enough times to be sure. Every regalis has an abdominal band, and the color is off..way off. When looking at a regalis, you see a very distinct black/grey/white coloration, not as much hair, and a very wide, very distinct flesh colored band on the abdomen.

Latest posts