• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. metallica's new enclosure

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Nice enclosure.
Did you purchase that enclosure? Reason I ask is the dust bath containers I buy look very similar. They measure 5"X5"X7", might have to save them for future slings. Save money and keep them out a landfills. [emoji1]

tcrave

3 Year Member
Nice enclosure.
Did you purchase that enclosure? Reason I ask is the dust bath containers I buy look very similar. They measure 5"X5"X7", might have to save them for future slings. Save money and keep them out a landfills. [emoji1]
i bought the container from walmart. they have two sizes. and i just put the screen vents in

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the enclosure. Very inexpensive way to go and fully functional. The vents can be purchased from a variety of suppliers out there for all the DIY keepers.

tcrave

3 Year Member
the vent size are 1'' I have been putting all screen vents in my plastic tub containers much easier and better ventilation

Poec54

3 Year Member
Nice job. Is there a water bowl in there? It's much better than misting, which can make a cage too moist.

With screw-on lids you have to be careful their legs don't get caught in them.

BTW, at this point it looks like a female.

tcrave

3 Year Member
Nice job. Is there a water bowl in there? It's much better than misting, which can make a cage too moist.

With screw-on lids you have to be careful their legs don't get caught in them.

BTW, at this point it looks like a female.
there is a small bottle cap temporarly im trying to come up with a small dish that i can suction cup to the side to elevate the dish, I really suck at vent sexting but the more i look and compare the better im getting its a slow learning process for me. i posted the vent pic in hopes you would give it a shot ;) and ty

tcrave

3 Year Member
All of my water bowls are disposable, as feces and boluses frequently end up in them. Pretty gross.
at the local reptile show here there is a booth that sells removable cups from a holder that has suction cups to the sides. i was thinking of trying something like that. the ones at the show were just to big

Latest posts