• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P Metallica rehousing.

clutchnasty

3 Year Member
20141206_081530.jpg
Just thought id take a quick snap of my female metallica in her new home. She lalalalaloves it! :D And i do too!

Attachments

• 20141206_081559.jpg
    20141206_081559.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 20141206_081549.jpg
    20141206_081549.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice! Any excitement in the transfer? I have a sub-adult I am about to transfer and kind of dreading it based on her speed.
Hello
I transferred two large females,not one hiccup. I have also transferred the communal of these,yet again no hiccup. I think they are an awesome species,not defensive as some may imply. Don't see you having issues,unless you have a Psycho in that cage haha.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Excellent. I will send photos of the puncture wounds in the event I have a psycho on my hands ;)

clutchnasty

3 Year Member
Yeah she was really freaked out when i moved her out of her burrow. She lived a very long time in her old enclosure, roughly about 4 years. I knew she wouldn't let me invade her home without a fight. So I transfered her with a little common sense. As soon as i pulled her hide from the dirt she kept giving me love taps. So i thought maybe i should tire her alittle bit. So i used a paper towel instead of my tongs so she wouldnt hurt her self or damage her fangs. Soon enough she was exhausted and i just gently coax her into her new hide. That bark is amazing btw, it was around 13 inches so i had to trim it alittle bit because my enclosure was only 12x12x12 with a diameter of 5 inches. Im pretty sure she will be very happy to live there for the rest of her LOOOOONG life.

Latest posts