• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Metallica colony

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys, so along with my colony of M. balfouri I have now decided to start up a group of P. Metallica. Thanks to Jakub at spidershop.pl I received on Wednesday from Poland 10 x P.met slings that he had been keeping in a group already. I have placed 5 in a. colony as was planning on moving on the other 5 slings but now I am thinking of just doing all 10. hopefully get some pics soon and will keep you all updated on how they get on.
EDIT. now a colony of 6 (put another one in just cos it tried to bolt when feeding and so easier to go in the bigger enclosure...ha ha)

Last edited:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Phil Good luck with them. I'd love to keep a bunch communally but have never quite dared to.
that's how I always felt. But when I was at the BTS this year there was a display that must have had about 50 or 60 adults and that really gave me the incentive to try it. pic from BTS below but not the best
20180520_125115.jpg

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I guess so, more chance of him finding a few more females before he gets eaten though. unlikely to mate as the males will mature at different times to the female. natures way of spiders from the same sac not breeding.
Yea I guess that makes sense.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Omg I want to pet them, look, they're so damn gorgeous! THRIVE YOU BEAUTIFUL MONSTERS! THRIVE!!! *Throws underwear* I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!

Too far?
ha ha....maybe a little but funny so who cares dude :D

Latest posts