• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.Lugardi

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
So I found one near me, an adult female, for 60 bucks. Should I take the plunge? I don't even see them on any price list for our canadian dealers. I'm not even sure of their worth.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
I have two OBT's not full grown yet, but both within 1.5 to 2.5 inches. I have no problem with defensive or aggressive species. My main question was their worth. 60 bucks seems pretty reasonable though for any female.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
yeah that sounds reasonable price not a common specie around here not sure about Canada though. I bought my as a sling so it was cheaper about half that if that helps

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Yeah I checked Tarantula Canada, Arachnophiliacs and Tangled in Webs. None of them have P.Lugardi even mentioned on their site. So I'd assume they are pretty rare up here and or not common at all. I'd probably never breed her but would be a nice addition to the collection. Thanks!

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
You've got to realize I'm in Canada man! Prices here are wack! But I'll get more info on it, and I will have to make an educated guess on whether or not it's worth it.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
I've never heard of P. lugardi...what do they look like?

the sling actually are yellow and could be called the yellow version of the obt, but as they get older its dulls to a pumpkin seed looking color. if you go to my youtube channel I have mine molting and he is in some of my feeding videos as well

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
I'm not going to buy it. The chick selling it can't find any of the old Molts so that I can confirm female. And she's the one that sold me a confirmed female LP that is actually molt confirmed male.