• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Overeating concern!

mschemmy

Ugh!! My A. genic molted so I finally feed it after the fangs hardened. I decided to feed it a waxworm that seemed on the smaller side in the container but once it was in the enclosure and started crawling I realized how big it was. In typical A genic fashion, it was pounced on in no time. Now after eating it my T's abdomen is HUGE! I am obviously not going to feed it any time soon. Should I be worried about my T? Can an abdomen rupture from overeating?

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I don't think overfeeding can cause a rupture, at least I've never heard of that happening. Sure if your T falls from a significant height, that's always a possibility, but I don't think they will eat until they pop. Don't feed for awhile, and make sure your feeders are smaller next time you do feed your T. Best of luck to you.

Latest posts