• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

On offering of different feeders

NYX

3 Year Member
My Genic is a greedy pig, lol (obviously nothing unusual for a Genic):
On Saturday I put a Morio Worm in with her, which she didn't want at the time (it went inside her burrow and she refused to go back in), so 2 days ago I gave her a cricket which she ate with gusto. Unfortunately I couldn't get the Morio Worm put of her faunarium and had more or less forgotten about it. This evening the T was scotting around her enclosure, moving her plants and pushing the sphagnum moss around. She was definitely on a hunt, but because I only fed her 2 days ago, I would have let her wait until at least next week.
But no, the next thing I see is her standing on her tiptoes with a certain Morio between her fangs, munching away. Honestly that spider is a bottomless pit, lol, and I'm not even into powerfeeding, especially not a subadult.

Lol. Believe it or not my Rosea is a pig! Always looking for food. When it is feeding time she gets so 'excited' she winds up biting the fake plant in her tank. It is really quite adorable.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, cute! My Rosea has phases when she could eat every day if I'd let her, followed by long(ish) fasting period. She's a lazy one though and if she doesn't catch her prey within a few hours she gives up and refuses to eat for weeks.
At the moment she's always out and about looking for food, but she'll have to wait another week before I feed her.

NYX

3 Year Member
Aww, cute! My Rosea has phases when she could eat every day if I'd let her, followed by long(ish) fasting period. She's a lazy one though and if she doesn't catch her prey within a few hours she gives up and refuses to eat for weeks.
At the moment she's always out and about looking for food, but she'll have to wait another week before I feed her.
Mine is far from lazy. As soon as something hits the floor of her cage she is on top of it. Lol :T:

Latest posts