• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Oklahoma Repticon

Matt S.

3 Year Member
I am hoping to pick up my fist tarantula this weekend at Repticon in OKC. This is my first time at a Reptile convention, and from what I understand it may be a smaller one. I am hoping they have at least a few vendors with Ts, but either way, the family and I should have fun checking out all the reptiles. Has anyone been to an OKC Repticon? Any comments on the typical tarantula vendors? Or does anyone have any advice on purchasing a tarantula at an expo in general?

Thanks.

Matt S.

3 Year Member
Doesn't look this thread got any traction. Out of the 20+ vendors at the expo, only one had tarantulas. No slings, but they did have what looks like several sub adult A. Seemanni and B. Albopilosum. There was at least 1 NW, but it didn't pay attention to the species. Ended up going with the fuzziest B. Albo I could find with a healthy sized abdomen. Given how blond and fuzzy they were I am thinking they were WC.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I’ve only been to one repticon and didn’t have much luck either. There were a couple of vendors with tarantulas and prices were sky high so I came away emptyhanded. Congrats on the new T!

Matt S.

3 Year Member
I’ve only been to one repticon and didn’t have much luck either. There were a couple of vendors with tarantulas and prices were sky high so I came away emptyhanded. Congrats on the new T!

Thanks, I lucked out on the prices. I paid $35 for a 3"+ B. Albo, and the same size A. Seemanni was I think $25. I would have loved to come across a GBB or an LP, but beggars can't be choosers. Hope you have better luck next time you hit up an expo.

Latest posts