• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Odd molting position.

setsunadiava

Hi,

I have this T. Khalenbergi, who has chosen the oddest and most concerning molting position I’ve seen.
I just got home for work to see her on her side, right above the mouth of her burrow, with one leg trapped under her. She’s started her molting process but I’m quite concerned about the leg that’s under her. And the fact that she’s a hair away from rolling into her burrow.
Can’t do anything but watch at this stage. It’s too dark to take a clear picture but I’ll add one below.
Any advice would be grateful appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1861.jpeg
    IMG_1861.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,533

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good luck, I hope all goes well for her. If the wort does come to the worst & she looses a leg. It is not the end of her world. It will grow back within a molt or two. But T's molt in the strangest ways sometimes & seem to know what they need. So it will probably all go fine.

Tarantula Trooper

3 Year Member
My C.Darlingi disappeared twice coming up. Second time I had to find her. She disappeared underground and left zero trace where in the enclosure! Say not to dig them out but my girl was emaciated and I was glad I did.

setsunadiava

My C.Darlingi disappeared twice coming up. Second time I had to find her. She disappeared underground and left zero trace where in the enclosure! Say not to dig them out but my girl was emaciated and I was glad I did.
Yikes that sounds terrifying! I’m glad she was okay in the end! Chomo, my girl dug to the bottom of the enclosure so I could see her from the back, but I didn’t figure it out for a good long while she hardly ever emerges from her hole. She’s my pet hole

Latest posts