• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T's and LP question!

Wg25

3 Year Member
Bought myself a gorgeous adult female B.Vagan's today and a beautiful juvenile LP! While I was in the shop speaking to the owner...The B.Vagans turned over for a molt. Hahaha :) so I will be picking them up tomorrow morning. Already started setting up their enclosures this afternoon! I am soo exited! I know LP's have a some different requirements then most T's when it comes to their humidity....so does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the humidity to the right level. I wanted to start drilling holes in the side of his enclosure today but not sure if I will need to add more or less for this? Anyway..I will post pics of my 2 new beauties tomorrow ;)
Thanks!

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on your new acquisitions! :)

I have four LPs, and I have never fretted over humidity at all. I keep them all on mostly dry substrate with water dishes, and I will moisten the substrate on one end once in a while, but I don't worry about keeping it moist (like I would with my T. stirmis or Pamphobeteus species). Unlike some of my other species, they really haven't shown a preference for the moist end. They're quite hardy and adaptable. I would put in plenty of ventilation and a water dish. :)

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Maybe you should wait a couple of days before moving your vagans as it is adult and currently molting. I've read that adult Ts recover slower after a molt.

Congrats on your acquisitions though! :T:

Wg25

3 Year Member
IMG-20151225-WA0015.jpg

Here is the Salmon Pink :)

Latest posts