• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to spiders

creaturekeeper 91

3 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I have been into reptiles since I was in middle school. I have become very well versed in that hobby with a decent amount of experience, but now I bought my first A. Diversipes and now I just want to buy more and more. I had emperor scorpions back when I was 10 but it wasn't the same as my pinktoe. Can't wait to start meeting people and learning more!

foritxxar

3 Year Member
I have a tiny G. pulchripes and I'm ordering two A. Brocklehursti slings and an OBT sling once my mom is done visiting... I don't think she'd appreciate finding spiders in the mail haha. Pist a pic of your little buddy!

creaturekeeper 91

3 Year Member
Its about an inch so far. I've been wanting a poecilotheria regalis by I dnt know how advanced I need to be to take care of something so fast but normally im more of a jump right in type person you know..

Attachments

• 1415142723816.jpg
    1415142723816.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

foritxxar

3 Year Member
Beautiful little fella! I looked up their adult coloration and added the species to my list. If you want to go for an advanced T, just understand the risks and go for it! Just make sure you're okay with a higher chance of something going wrong, like it falling, escaping, or biting you.

creaturekeeper 91

3 Year Member
And that's a bite that would hurt like hell! Haha but I definitely think that's going to be my next T. I like the arboreal slightly more then terrestrial.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And that's a bite that would hurt like hell! Haha but I definitely think that's going to be my next T. I like the arboreal slightly more then terrestrial.
Recognizing the potential threat is half the battle. Lots of great information and experiences on this forum so I have not worries about newbies going for Pokies as long as they read up and are prepared to take great care of them. Welcome aboard!

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep. Poecilotheria regalis, Poecilotheria metallica, and Poecilotheria ornata

Latest posts