• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T has arrived

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Many types of Ts look radically different as slings vs. adults!! Try getting a versicolor sling!! (Great spider by the way but just take precautions because they like to go AWOL before getting the web constructed.)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Actually you are mistaken.....Brachypelma albopilosum inhabits a wide range of Central America, there are Locales from Honduras, Cost Rica, Nicaragua, and probably others. Each has evolved into a slightly different form and coloration due to conditions over 1000's of years.
"Hobby Form" refers to those locales that were unintentionally crossed, hybrids that were created with other Brachypelmas (some intentional) and many years of inbreeding the resulting mutts.

I always wondered about that. How common is it for breeders to breed spiders from the same egg sac?

While I've read reports of cross breeding with B vagans by accident, it doesn't make sense to me. How could anyone accidently create a hybrid between them? They look nothing alike at all!!

If incestuous breeding took place, it may be possible for recessive genes to be expressed or for mutations to happen.

It's understandable for accidents to happen between similar Ts such as A geniculata x brockelhursti (& some of the pokies), but the curly hair doesn't really look like anything else.

If it was hybridized, it's no accident!!

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I always wondered about that. How common is it for breeders to breed spiders from the same egg sac?

While I've read reports of cross breeding with B vagans by accident, it doesn't make sense to me. How could anyone accidently create a hybrid between them? They look nothing alike at all!!

If incestuous breeding took place, it may be possible for recessive genes to be expressed or for mutations to happen.

It's understandable for accidents to happen between similar Ts such as A geniculata x brockelhursti (& some of the pokies), but the curly hair doesn't really look like anything else.

If it was hybridized, it's no accident!!

For the most part, the males of a sac will mature before the females are mature enough to mate. Nature’s way of keeping that from happening. I am sure same eggsac breeding had happened, but not often.