• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T arrived ! Theraphosa apophysis UPDATE!

Dr Mengele

3 Year Member
Unfortunately my New Theraphosa Apophysis Did Not make it and died. Do not buy from 'Blackwater Reptiles" . They are not reputable and you should not do business with them under any circumstances . Whenever something like this happens we must remember that things like this can and do happen and that it wasnt My fault or our community. I should have consulted our fellow Peers here first. I got excited because i found a unusual T and just had to have one. But as EVERY misfortune that happens in life , We must Move on.Now i Have a Empty Tank that needs a T to go into it. IF you would, are there any People that sell T's that are honest and that you would give ann endorsement to? Also, please make a suggestion for a New T that i might find interesting. I would like something that gets Large, a great eater and is unusual in that it isn't common. I have "intermediate" skill Levels. I dont want to handle it. If it was aggressive that's fine but i am not into the African Variety's . I have the Financial resources to get the husbandry correct and want a Female. Also, My Name in this Forum is just a stupid name and doesnt mean or refer to any sinister intent on my part so don't take offense. I have no love for the ****'s nor am German but i think the more Mature members of our forum might agree that not Every single **** was evil. It was after all a Political Party. General George Patton, arguably the greatest of American Generals of World war 2 said as much. Thank you all . God bless

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Terrible news Doc...Good reputable breeders and sellers : Jaimies Tarantulas, Netbug, Kenthebugguy, Swifts invertebrates, I just ordered from Invertebrates Unlimited, highly recommended by another member, my order will be here tomorrow. They don't have a huge selection yet but they do have some nice spiders, and future breeding projects for Pamphobeteus species :D ..and Stamps Tarantulas, petcenter usa...there's a few more but I have a terrible memory. I would suggest the classifieds here and on other tarantula based forums, you'll often find good deals..That's where half of my spiders came from.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have only ever bought from Jamiestarantula.com but it was always pleasant. I even had a DOA GBB from her and she made it right.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm so very sorry to hear you lost your T, that's never a good thing.
As far as ordering I have only ordered from Jamies thus far. (still new to the hobby)
As far as a name, we ran a gaming clan for years, (many years,)
to me names are just a whim of the moment, they don't generally mean anything, I for one took no offence.