• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New on here

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I have an H. maculata, I've had it for 8 months and it's just over 1" dls. They are OW arboreal Ts, extremely fast and said to be quite aggressive so great care is needed dealing with them. Is this your first tarantula?

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forums, I personally don't have one yet but I'm sire others do and can help with questions. -^.^-

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I finaly got one.
20160413_175101.jpg
20160331_192007.jpg

Thistles

3 Year Member
What life stage is yours? My #1 care tip is: don't screw around with it! The rest will vary with the age of the spider.

Thistles

3 Year Member
For future reference: Use a larger enclosure with a different substrate (soil, peat, coco fiber, vermiculite... just not bark) and keep them not-dry. They don't need it soaked, but they like a little dampness. Also, they are fast fast fast and potent. I wouldn't get another until you're a little more experienced.

Cuban86

3 Year Member
I jus bought it friday night n last night i stayed at a hotel come back this morning n thats how its was sittin , it is dead i should of known better than get it from that pet shop i felt like i was saving it cause it looked like it wasnt gettin takin care of

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If it is dead get straight onto the pet shop, send them pictures and demand your money back.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
That is so incredibly sad - damn them!!
They probably only knew enough about that species to be afraid of them and they were neglected to death because of it. That is why people need to be comfortable with having these more challenging species around. I freakin' HATE petshops!
Sorry, went off a bit for a moment. Poor little one. :(

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
:mad::mad::mad:Totally agree, most petshops need to be closed down or sell supplies only.
They should not be keeping anything to sell that intimidates them. The bottom line is its a spider, we are capable of planning and complex thought. They are a creature running on instinct only and basically a big bug. Don't get me wrong, I love my T's. But while I respect the fact that a couple of them have significant venom, I am smarter then they are so that shouldn't ever be an issue. I treat all of them as if they had the ability to do serious harm, but I tend them all, each and every day.
Never a reason to neglect one once it's in your care. That petshop needs to have its licensing pulled.
:mad::mad::mad: Just makes me furious. :mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts