• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New LP in wooden viv!!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yesterday we brought yet another LP. We only have 5 or 6 of them & most are male & although this one is unsexed & although I do not normally buy anything but slings or sexed females now, this was too good an offer to turn down.

This is the second T I have brought off the preloved website that came with a wooden vivarium The last one, a stirmi came in a huge viv, complete with a decorated Christmas tree branch!!. This T molted two days ago & looks lovely, but the enclosure had several branches in it that had mold on them.

Out of curiosity what should be kept in a viv measuring 44 X 30 by 15cm? It looks like a nice enclosure.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on the new arrival.
I'd get rid of that Christmas tree branch as fir trees have a resin that is toxic to arachnids and snakes.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Yesterday we brought yet another LP. We only have 5 or 6 of them & most are male & although this one is unsexed & although I do not normally buy anything but slings or sexed females now, this was too good an offer to turn down.

This is the second T I have brought off the preloved website that came with a wooden vivarium The last one, a stirmi came in a huge viv, complete with a decorated Christmas tree branch!!. This T molted two days ago & looks lovely, but the enclosure had several branches in it that had mold on them.

Out of curiosity what should be kept in a viv measuring 44 X 30 by 15cm? It looks like a nice enclosure.

Hi there
Any adult terrestrial species that doesn't require moist substrate and doesn't really burrow as adult will make good fit for the vivarium.I imagine having moist substrate will damage the vivarium in the long run and you can'treallyhave deep substratein it....Brachypelma and Grammostola for example. I keem most of my sub adult(adult) tarantulas that are 6+inch in enclosures with 30x40cm floor space .Anything that gets 8+inch will be comfortable in it too but I personally like the exo terra 45x45x30Hcm for those if I manage to get a cheap second hand one as I refuse to pay £110 for new one and the additional £20 to mod the lid with acrylic sheet.
Regards Konstantin

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I keep most of my sub adult(adult) tarantulas that are 6+inch in enclosures with 30x40cm floor space .Anything that gets 8+inch will be comfortable in it too but I personally like the exo terra 45x45x30Hcm for those if I manage to get a cheap second hand one as I refuse to pay £110 for new one and the additional £20 to mod the lid with acrylic sheet.
Regards Konstantin

We have several of the glass Exo Terras in use & several more in the loft that we have brought used, as they pop up on various local sales sites. But I keep most of my larger T's that do not burrow in the Exo Terra plastic Faunariums. They stack two high on our shelving & for the T's that do burrow they give lots of floor space. Other options we use include large floor space top opening arboreal enclosures with 6 to 9 inches of substrate. And another option is a large storage tub with lots of floor space plus deep substrate.

Our largest stirmi is in an Exo Terra Habisphere. I would love more of the Habispheres, but they never seem to pop up locally.

Latest posts