• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New home for my gbb

wittywebber323

Wanted to share this cool little tank I made for my gbb what does everyone think? After a smooth rehousing she is already out and exploring. Pics are before she was put in and it was in the sun just to dry out the sub a little bit

Attachments

• F6AB663D-1A75-4905-BE57-56F70AB72464.jpeg
    F6AB663D-1A75-4905-BE57-56F70AB72464.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 2C778DA2-6907-43D3-9AC2-7117AC80F6D2.jpeg
    2C778DA2-6907-43D3-9AC2-7117AC80F6D2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ill be the bad guy since no one will say anything.
Looks good except for two things. The substrate needs to be packed down tight. Also...Is that a Pine log hide or plastic? Pine is toxic to invertebrates and insects. Same thing with the substrate, often called jungle mix, it usually has pine products in it that actually doesn't come from any Jungle.

wittywebber323

Ill be the bad guy since no one will say anything.
Looks good except for two things. The substrate needs to be packed down tight. Also...Is that a Pine log hide or plastic? Pine is toxic to invertebrates and insects. Same thing with the substrate, often called jungle mix, it usually has pine products in it that actually doesn't come from any Jungle.
Hello thank you for your feedback! Not being the bad guy at all. I am always open to constructive criticism and looking to expand my knowledge in the hobby. The sub is eco earth coconut fibre (block) which I packed down. I did add zoo med “creature soil” layer on top so it doesnt look packed on top. The hide is zoo med medium creature hide. I did try to find the exact material but no luck. It said on the package safe for spiders including tarantulas so I went with it. Do you think I should change it? Id hate to disrupt her but if its bad I will switch it. She has already begun to web up the inside.