• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New home for my Chile Rose!

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
I got this lovely second hand aquarium for Fatty for £20 the other day! Just a bit of modification to the lid with an electric drill for ventilation! I'm sure she's happy in it really!

Attachments

• 004-001.JPG
    004-001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
  • 010.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
Just keep an eye on her and make sure she is finding her food. It maybe a tad too large.
Her last tank had the same floor space and had no problems, just it was plastic and my cat managed to nearly get it off the shelf and get the lid off so went for a heavy glass tank! Luckily no harm came to the spider, or the cat!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds good then! I have some that roan their entire enclosure and some that have yet to leave a single corner.

But I am always worried after rehoming. I about had a fit when I rehomed my LP last. It was just a few weeks past molt when I rehomed her. She stopped eating and I was afraid it was because I had put her in too large of an enclosure. She ended up molting a month later and is back to her piggy little self. But she has just started exploring her new home, almost 2 months later.

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
Fatty tends to wander a lot in the evenings! I set up her enclosure identical to the last one to avoit too much confusion and she just did her usual. I think she may molt soon as she has a bald spot on her abdomen, of maybe she fired a few hairs at the cat :-D

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
She'll grow into it. She will probably never need a new home.

The substrate looks a little damp though. Could just be my eyes though.
The substrate is fine, it looks dark as i took the pic without a flash. She certainly makes use of the space, goes for little walks at night!

Mad cat lady

3 Year Member
Fatty doesn't seem to mind and just sat there when i put her in her new tank, there are hides she could sit on but stayed on the substrate! It is really dry now and she's recently started sitting on the glass half way up her tank, strange creature!

Latest posts