• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here!

T-Baby

3 Year Member
Hello everyone! I’m Nicole from the UK!
I’m fairly new to the Tarantula keeping world as I’ve always had Snakes but these incredible creatures have started taking over my life and my home as I’m sure many of you can relate to!

Any advice, suggestions on Species are always welcomed as I’m still learning. Please don’t be a stranger and say a quick hello, post pictures of your T’s and let’s get some good conversations kicking!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Nicole, welcome from another Brit. I too moved from snakes to Ts although I still have a Royal and a Blood python.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome. I love snakes and tarantulas too. Drymarchon is my favorite snake genus. Getting a unicolor cribo as soon as the breeder gets him eating well.

Tell us what tarantula species you already have. Do you like colorful spiders? Outgoing ones? Burrowers or arboreals? Big ones or dwarfs? I have an assortment. Some of each. I've been keeping and assortment of Grammostola and Brachypelma species for years, but just recently I jumped in and I'm trying all kinds of new species.

T-Baby

3 Year Member
I currently only have a Burmese Python right now for snakes, I downsized majorly.
As for T’s I have an AF G. Pulchra, A. Purpurea and a G. Rosea and Thursday I will have a A. Versicolour (named something else now though right?) B. Veliposa and a B. Emilia
I seem to lean more towards the Brachypelma’s and Grammostola’s but mostly I assume because I haven’t researched the others as much. I am intrigued by the GBB though for the webbing alone! I would love a good Webber, any suggestions?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello everyone! I’m Nicole from the UK!
I’m fairly new to the Tarantula keeping world as I’ve always had Snakes but these incredible creatures have started taking over my life and my home as I’m sure many of you can relate to!

Any advice, suggestions on Species are always welcomed as I’m still learning. Please don’t be a stranger and say a quick hello, post pictures of your T’s and let’s get some good conversations kicking!
Hey Nicole, glad you took my advice and joined. welcome to the forum. Really nice people on here I think you will enjoy being a member. Plus your collection will grow by a few more on Thursday.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I currently only have a Burmese Python right now for snakes, I downsized majorly.
As for T’s I have an AF G. Pulchra, A. Purpurea and a G. Rosea and Thursday I will have a A. Versicolour (named something else now though right?) B. Veliposa and a B. Emilia
I seem to lean more towards the Brachypelma’s and Grammostola’s but mostly I assume because I haven’t researched the others as much. I am intrigued by the GBB though for the webbing alone! I would love a good Webber, any suggestions?
My GBB is my profile pic. Hope you like her.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
2 heavy webbers you might like are Dolichothele diamantinensis and Encyocratella olivacea

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the versi is now classified as cerebena versicolor and I think good old predictive texting changed the true curly hair I am also sending B. albipolisum

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
2 heavy webbers you might like are Dolichothele diamantinensis and Encyocratella olivacea
Is Dolinchothele the new classification for what used to be
Oligoxystre now then? I still use this name but probably another reclassification I have not caught up on yet. Look a lot like the GBB.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Is Dolinchothele the new classification for what used to be
Oligoxystre now then? I still use this name but probably another reclassification I have not caught up on yet. Look a lot like the GBB.

That's right, it change quite a while ago.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
the versi is now classified as cerebena versicolor

cerebena? Is that a spelling error Phil, or do I have it wrong? When I looked it up it was Caribena. I'm a bit OCD and I like to have all my latin names spelled correctly on my enclosures, so please correct me if I've got it wrong. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
cerebena? Is that a spelling error Phil, or do I have it wrong? When I looked it up it was Caribena. I'm a bit OCD and I like to have all my latin names spelled correctly on my enclosures, so please correct me if I've got it wrong. :)

Caribena is correct. I think @Phil must have had a blond moment :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
just corrective text....lol

Latest posts