• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New G. pulchra juvenile w/ enclosure question.

LauraMI

3 Year Member
So Husband surprised me with a Brazilian Black this afternoon. Not great at guesstimating sizes but this guy seems to be an inch and a half leg span side-to-side. It's much bigger than I'm comfortable with though; still a bit squeamish with spiders & I'm barely okay with my sling that's the size of a Michigan house spider. Too, the enclosures I had ready were all for slings; not sure if what I have, a 4" x 4", is sufficient for a tarantula this size.
I know the basics in care for this species yet still plan to do things differently; amazing how watching a T move in its home a few minutes can have me rethinking the whole thing.
Any suggestions on enclosure size? These arachnids are on my dining room table; they're attractive yet interesting center pieces, & I'd like to retain that beauty while providing the right amount of space for the Brazilian.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

LauraMI

3 Year Member
Yeah...I don't know if you'd want to pay for across-the-pond shipping, huh? :). $100+ shipping & $40 T? ;)

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I'm also from Wales. Barry Island to be precise. How about you?
Hi there.
Originally from caerphilly but living in merthyr tydfil at the moment. I spend most sundays down Barry Island taking my dog for walk on beach in the months when they are allowed. Nice to meet someone else from wales who is into spiders, only spoke to one guy on here once who was from wales, and in actual person the only people ive met who are ok with spiders are the pet shops ive bought them from

Latest posts