• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New crib!

Sharkee81

3B72791E-8B05-480C-A47D-E6A4A9AF03E1.jpeg
Just rehouse my first arboreal. Boy was it nerve recking. Luckily it worked out.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Please forgive my ignorance, but what species is that? I can't see any markings from this view.

I saw this technique of using this type of enclosure upside down with the lid on the bottom yesterday and thought it was brilliant for an arboreal species. Thanks for another example of how to do it.

What is the little black button type thing on the top?

Sharkee81

Please forgive my ignorance, but what species is that? I can't see any markings from this view.

I saw this technique of using this type of enclosure upside down with the lid on the bottom yesterday and thought it was brilliant for an arboreal species. Thanks for another example of how to do it.

What is the little black button type thing on the top?

It’s a avic sp Colombia. The button thing is a stopper for an opening so I can throw some feeders or shoot some water without having to open the bottom of the enclosure.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wish more enclosures came with feeding ports. The benefits are obvious. I did a similar one myself but it's vacant for now.

I rehoused the Versicolor in an ExoTerra nano at a later time.

That enclosure started life as a Jamie's juvenile enclosure.

Drat same size 2.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used a 1 inch spade type of drill bit and a cordless drill. After that I placed a penny on top of the cork I stuck in.

The penny provides just enough clearance for the bracket to rotate aside.

Then I set the L locking bracket in place on top of the penny against the side. After marking the holes, I used a Dremel to put a hole in for the screw.

Latest posts