• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New arrivals!!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
First off...

WOAH!!!

Just had to get that out there ;)

My new guests have arrived! D. pentaloris - 1", P. vittata - 3/4" or so, and my "very tiny" PZB.

Meet Khan, my son's D. pentaloris-
20160817_121331[1].jpg

and his new home-
20160817_121452[1].jpg

And now for the freebie/bday gift from Tanya at fearnottarantulas.com, meet Casper, the P. vittata. My son doesn't like the name Casper, but I think it fits, he's a Ghost Ornamental after all ;)
20160817_122440[1].jpg

And Casper's new home -
20160817_122616[1].jpg

There's a hide and water dish my son forgot to put in for Casper, i'll get a new pic when i get home from work after they've settled a bit.

And now the reason for the WOAH! at the beginning. My very tiny PZB.
20160817_121601[1].jpg

See i was even warned it was very tiny ;)

Meet Alicia -
20160817_122012[1].jpg

I think i got a 1i sling ;) i don't have any roaches small enough for her lol i'm going to have to dice up a pinhead lat and let her munch on those i guess.

Her home is her shipping vial filled with about an inch of moist substrate.

What do i do for water with one this small? i was thinking of letting a drop go down the side of the vial but i don't want to have it just sitting on the substrate for a while as it soaks in.

Alicia is going to be a fun one! i'm more nervous about her than the Pokie lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are all gorgeous and the PZB so cute. :) The tiny ones that I have in vials just get a drop of water sprayed onto the side of the vial every 2-3 days, if you're careful only one side of the sub will get wet and a tiny piece of cork bark will give it a dry spot to sit anyway.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are all gorgeous and the PZB so cute. :) The tiny ones that I have in vials just get a drop of water sprayed onto the side of the vial every 2-3 days, if you're careful only one side of the sub will get wet and a tiny piece of cork bark will give it a dry spot to sit anyway.
Good idea, i didn't think of cork bark to get away from the wet.

syzygy

3 Year Member
Wow...i think that's half the size of my tiniest T (also a PZB). It recently molted and i was pretty excited because it had been a struggle to find small enough feeders. Unfortunately I think it grew like 10% so no real change.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i have pinhead lats that are about the same size as the PZB. I'll kill them and see if she'll eat them. If not i'll have to order fruit flies :(

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Beautiful thumb, by the way. :D

And as Eupalaestrus are really slow growers, you're in for a looooooong time!

One word about the D pentaloris: don't worry if yours stays hidden in premolt for a long time. Mine has done it twice (for instance she's in her hide since early january 2016, without having eaten anything, but still alive and well!). It's driving me crazy, but she seems to appreciate long fasts. Probably it's because her maintenance isn't exactly what she has in the wild, but I tried to provide her more moisture, without any result as far as I can tell...

Congratulations on the additions, these are stunning spiders!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my tiny little PZB has eaten twice now :D i beheaded a pinhead lateralis and dropped the body in the vial. It was eating on that one by bedtime the first time. 2 days later i dropped another decapitated pinhead in the vial and the next morning it was gone. tonight is feeding night for her again.

At that size is every other day feeding too much? temps in the room have been at 80F average, drop or 2 of water every other day in the vial, every other day between watering I've fed so far. How soon do you think till she molts at this size?

Latest posts