• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Quick Help!?

spiritual418

My sub adult a geniculata is molting, but positioned herself at a bad angle and is slipping down into her hide.

Leave her, help her?

Attachments

• IMG_20210208_175432801.jpg
    IMG_20210208_175432801.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

spiritual418

Thanks, everyone

She ended-up sliding the rest of the way down as she pushed, and I had to carefully remove the molt since she had nowhere to push it to.

Before that, as she first began sliding, the hide was forcing her abdomen over her carapace. She looked as though she was going to crack in half.

I have seen many molts (of course not as many as most of you), but never, ever saw anything as stressful as that.

This her first molt under my care (12/9/20). For almost a month she refused to eat, so I had been expecting it for some time.

Sorry about the crappy pic, but I was in a momentary bind, lol.

I checked on her at 5 this morning, expecting an extraordinarily sleepy T...only to find her back out into the open

After the first week I received her (thanks, Casey!), the only time she EVER goes into her hide, is apparently when she accidentally slips into it Otherwise, she's on 100% display.

I'm well aware how everyone asks for pics, so once my kiddo is off to school, I'll snap one of this wonderful A gen.

...and thanks for the responses! For all of my hardcore attitude, Ts have an ever-growing soft spot with me

- Sean

Latest posts