• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with the first T!

HEk9

3 Year Member
Hey guys... Soo i'm new in this world of the T's and what i know it's pretty much the basic stuff and i want to learn more but the really question is, what T should i have for my first?! I would like a T that isn't agressive at all so i can get used to it and handle it from time to time so i can learn how to proper care a T. Soo what's your suggestion guys?! And must not be expensive because it's my first try and i don't know what could be wrong (i hope not ofc omg).

PS: Sorry if i'm not posting this thread on the right place.

Tim Millwood

3 Year Member
I to am new to the Tarantula world. I got one about 6 months ago and just got a new one about 2 weeks ago . both are rose hairs and they are real easy to care for. I don't handle them but they have never tried to bother me when I am messing in their enclosure . great and easy T's

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The handling issue is touchy in this hobby. Just know it involves risk to you and, most importantly, your T.

As far as beginner species most any Brachypelma or Grammostola would be great. Both are relatively easy to care for.

HEk9

3 Year Member
This next day's will go visit some pet shop's to "analyse" some T's and buying some materials to start building my enclosure. Thank's for the help guys i will check on that T's you guy's saying and see what suit's better for me. ;)

khatchet

3 Year Member
I started with a pink toe. I would say most avic would be a good starter. And i only paid 20 for each of my a avic.

Latest posts