• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help about my GBB

Rizan Khan

3 Year Member
Hi guys...need some help here...my greenbottle blue in this few days keep on resting near the water bawl....the humidity of the enclosure is around 65... Why is so?is it normal?

Rizan Khan

3 Year Member
Hello
If possible,please post a PIC of the enclosure and the T. This helps us look at possible reasons,not always 100% but at least give an idea.

image.jpg
image.jpg

In this few days she keep resting near the water bawl at the corner...this morning when i try to capture the image she ran back to her normal resting place...

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 7045 View attachment 7046

In this few days she keep resting near the water bawl at the corner...this morning when i try to capture the image she ran back to her normal resting place...

Hello
If the substrate isn't wet,that could just be she is hunting. I've found my GBB doing the same(not sitting at the water bowl but one specific spot), she would then be hungry. With them you need little,they are from desert areas so that already shows they're hardy. Only times I've seen an unhappy one,is when people make a mistake by making the substrate wet they seem to dislike that intensely.

Rizan Khan

3 Year Member
Hello
If the substrate isn't wet,that could just be she is hunting. I've found my GBB doing the same(not sitting at the water bowl but one specific spot), she would then be hungry. With them you need little,they are from desert areas so that already shows they're hardy. Only times I've seen an unhappy one,is when people make a mistake by making the substrate wet they seem to dislike that intensely.

I will try to make the substrate little bit more wet and see the result...thanks

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hahaha...the thing is the substance is very dry and she keep resting near the water bowl...that make me blur... What should i do than...

You can mist lightly,a water bowl should be sufficient since its a desert species. Check if she's not hunting,just add a prey item and remove in a few hours if not eaten.

tcrave

3 Year Member
my gbb and my stirmi does the same thing i think it may have to do with what martin said about hunting. when my stirmi is hungry i see him next to the water dish so then i drop in a roach and he grabs it. and same with my gbb they get to know where the pray is the most i guess.

Latest posts