• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N chromatus death curl

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I had to break down and buy crickets for the tiny new Ts i got. The pinhead lats i had molted and the tiny guys wouldn't eat them, even cut up into smaller sections. They wanted to hunt! :D so the pinhead crickets lasted me until i could order more pinhead lats. And now that i have a breeding colony of dubia going i'l give it a few months to build and start feeding those. All of my T's now will eat them, unless they get away and burrow under, only a couple i have will dig them up. Also got some meal worms i'd be happy to ship to anyone needing them. the small size - 1/4 - 1/2". I cut the feet and heads off and feed them to my tiny T's, they go nuts for them ;) I goofed on my last order and saw a sale for 50 count tubs for $2.50 in retail packing. Didn't read the fine print it was 1 dozen tubs for $2.50, so i have 2 dozen tubs now of 50 mealworms each lol
I'd Definitely take some. Lmk how much shipped to 18974. My Ts love them

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm leaving to Denver on a business trip tomorrow morning, i'll check price when i get back on Wednesday and let you know. THey've been in the fridge for a week or so, so I take some out tonight and make sure they're still alive. How many tubs did you want?

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I'm leaving to Denver on a business trip tomorrow morning, i'll check price when i get back on Wednesday and let you know. THey've been in the fridge for a week or so, so I take some out tonight and make sure they're still alive. How many tubs did you want?
What is the price again? I'd use plenty

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i checked a few tubs at random, all the worms were alive and well. 50 worms to a tub. I'm sure you've used worms before but if not let them sit out for an hour or so to warm up, then they'll move around and attract the T's to them, then put them in the fridge till next time.

They'll grow up to about an inch before they pupate into beetles, in ideal temps this could take 3-4 weeks from this size. In the fridge the metabolism is slowed down so it will take much much longer. I was thinking of letting a few tubs sit out and let them molt a few times to get bigger for my larger mid sized slings.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
i checked a few tubs at random, all the worms were alive and well. 50 worms to a tub. I'm sure you've used worms before but if not let them sit out for an hour or so to warm up, then they'll move around and attract the T's to them.
Awesome. U kno how much shipping would b for 4 or more tubs to 18974 in PA?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll find out. we get a shipping discount if i ship them at the office, i'll be back at the office on Wednesday so i'll bring in 4 tubs and see what the price is and let you know.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I'll find out. we get a shipping discount if i ship them at the office, i'll be back at the office on Wednesday so i'll bring in 4 tubs and see what the price is and let you know.
Ok thx. I'll await ur response n once I get the word, I'll PayPal u the money right away. Thx soooo much!!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well i looked for the Australian invertebrates forum and got a facebook link. Cant view it tho, I think its private..im not into Facebook so I don't know what's involved with trying to view it. I believe Im going to stop adding water directly to the top of the substrate, just water dishes and pipes to the bottom now for the moist species. I'm already installing them ;)
Edit: Ive done this for my lividus already, just put an inch of gravel in the bottom, then 5-6 inches of sub, stick a cut piece of one inch pvc in with the top poking out before filling with sub. Voila.