• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Tarantula won't come out

Grizzly

3 Year Member
I have a pumpkin patch T for about a couple mouth now. I only saw her out like once or twice sense I put her in the cage. It's been a couple weeks sense I saw her eat anything. What should I do.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
leave it alone. It's hiding for a reason, could be in premolt or stress if you've been trying to see it. Try dropping in a cricket or whatever you use for prey and see if it's still around tomorrow. If not the T is eating and fine, if the prey is still there it's probably premolt, remove it and wait a few weeks to see if it pushes a molt out.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
shoot...I have a small and a large, I catch occasional glimpses of orange, ..
.through the prolific webbing, every once in a while they throw a molt out,
hurts my feelings no end as they are such pretty things. But, they are happy so...guess its all good.

justdon

3 Year Member
Being new to this.I used to worry so much about my golden knee I used to see him once a month.Now since his first molt a day does not pass by where I don't see him moving around and exploring.I think it just takes time and sooner or later they come around.Yours is probably doing just fine.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a pumpkin patch T for about a couple mouth now. I only saw her out like once or twice sense I put her in the cage. It's been a couple weeks sense I saw her eat anything. What should I do.

What size is it? When mine were slings, they were VERY reclusive. I hadn't seen one for over two months, and was convinced it was dead. Fortunately, before I jumped the gun and dug it up, it reappeared a bit larger and no worse for wear. I would do what @kormath suggested and drop a prey item in and see if it disappears. That might set your mind at ease. :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What size is it? When mine were slings, they were VERY reclusive. I hadn't seen one for over two months, and was convinced it was dead. Fortunately, before I jumped the gun and dug it up, it reappeared a bit larger and no worse for wear. I would do what @kormath suggested and drop a prey item in and see if it disappears. That might set your mind at ease. :)
That's what my large size would do also. I was lucky with my enclosure setup. It's tunnel was under the fake leaves against the sides of the enclosure so i got see it all the time from the sides. Way to much webbing to see it from the top. The first few months i had it, it molted twice and then became less reclusive, the next molt it hooked out and then was always in view on top of the web and leaves.

Grizzly

3 Year Member
She is probably about and 1". I saw her legs the other day and I believe she eat the other day because I don't see the cricket. So all is good but I'm still worried about her sometimes.

Latest posts