• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My second T is on its way! With pictures!

JC1

3 Year Member
Hi guys

After the death of my very first T, have i decided to get another T. Im not giving up on them. Yes, i failed my first Tarantula, but that doesnt mean i should give up! The Curlyhair died during molt, and there was nothing i could do to save it.

I spoke to a friend of mine (also a hard core Tarantula enthusiast) and she told me that she is going to get me another one. shes the one that got me my first.

she suggested and bought me a Costa Rican Tiger Rump, and she will deliver it to me in the coming week or so! its about the same size as her's. 2 cm at least.

Below is the actual Tiger im going to get. she already bought it for me in Pretoria where she studies. we dont have petshops selling slings in town, so the T's would have to come from there, about 180 km away.

What do you guys think? any past experience with these tigers you want to share?

Attachments

• IMG-20151118-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20151118-WA0026.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20151118-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20151118-WA0016.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 21

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A great choice, I hope you don't have to wait too long.

I got mine at just 1cm and 14 months on it's around 2.5cm. Mine seems quite calm when I open its container but it can be fast when it wants to be. It's one of those Ts that always puts a smile on my face because it's so colourful and beautifully patterned.

JC1

3 Year Member
I really cant wait!!!! should be about a week or so!!! i will keep it in his plastic container for a while to calm down after the trip from Pretoria. i dont want to rehouse it too soon... it must calm down, and get used to all the new faces looking at it! hahaha... don't want to stress it out. the trip is bumpy and loud. so yes.

Thanks for telling me your stories and for me to get more excited than i already are! Any name suggestions?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@JC1 I usually try to pick a name connected in some way to their country of origin, it helps me to learn a bit about that country too.

Tuskedwings

3 Year Member
Reminds me of my smithi, she has some really interesting behaviors and has been a brat all week, I this she has kicked all of her hairs at me :/ oh well I still love her, she is 2in atm and is afraid of all foods no matter the size, pinhead cricket? Gotta run away lol she plays with the dead good I put in there and she eats well (abdomen 3x carapace) I take especially good care of her, Gl with your new tiger though lets all pray it's a female :p

Latest posts