• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My "new" T

Rickdawg73

3 Year Member
Hey gang got a quick question. Just received my new A. Chalcodes sling this week. This is probably the smallest spider I have at maybe 1/4" in size (maybe a little bigger butt not much). Anyway the first few hours it was out in the open hiding around the small pieces of moss or the fake cactus stalk but for the past 2 days I haven't seen it. My question is do these slings burrow? My wife is worried it has escaped (it's in a mini critter keeper) but I think it may have buried itself somewhere. I don't want to start moving things in the enclosure and stress it out more and I couldn't find anything definite on care of this particular species (sling wise that is). Any info would be greatly appreciated!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, they are burrowers. Most slings of any species are. Critter keepers have a defect in their design, and slings can indeed escape them. Look at the lid closely and you'll see what I mean. I hope its just burrowing, but if I were you I'd find out, and fix the defect or rehouse.

Latest posts