• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new baby :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well my little Texan is here and absolutely adorable! Shot out of the straw like a cannonball.
I.must be a sad individual, all these beautiful T's around and I'm smitten by the common plain little guys. There isn't one thing about this T that I don't like -including the chocolate on chocolate coloration. And! My daughter LOVES this T! To the point that she thought it was going to fall and put her hand under it and let it crawl half onto her!! Was going to call it LBJ but my daughter wants to call it Cocoa
image.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Aww, a cutie. No you're not sad for liking a plain brown T otherwise why do so many people love the B. albos?:D

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, a cutie. No you're not sad for liking a plain brown T otherwise why do so many people love the B. albos?:D
It's the unique curly hair that draws the attention to them. ;)

I've never been a fan of the plain brown but I gotta admit that is a cute one. Congrats!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well....my albo... is... Well. :/
mine still doesn't have enough hair to tell...but eventually it will, so there's that and the fact that they are admittedly one of the ugliest slings ever with the best bulldozer behavior!
It's amazing watching those ugly little zombie look-alikes change each molt, I'd gladly have half a dozen of them :)

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just FYI for everyone,
I don't make a point of handling, that image is immediately after it shot out of the straw did an abrupt about face and perched on my thumb lol
u dont have to explain urself @Kymura . they r ur spiders. do what u like with them....thats my philosophy even though i dont hold mine frequently either but im not going to say not at all.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I'll take brown and black spiders every day of the week! I think they are the most gorgeous in their subtle, very fashionable, way. One of my favourites is the A. chalcodes, and I would be surrounded by dozens of G. pulchras and G. pulchripes if I could afford it. I would have an A. chalcodes, but so many people say that they can be very temperamental.
Congratulations on your newest member.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just FYI for everyone,
I don't make a point of handling, that image is immediately after it shot out of the straw did an abrupt about face and perched on my thumb lol
I am with you @Kymura, I don't mind handling but generally prefer to let them do their own thing. Little cutie that one ☺

Latest posts