• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new arrival. Female, P platyomma.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yesterday I acquired a female Pamphobeteus platyomma, complete with a reasonable sized & well set up exo terra enclosure.

She has around 3 inches of substrate & there seems to be no signs of burrowing. so I will leave it at that. I think. I have moved the artificial plants a few inches to cover up the front of her decorative terracotta plant pot, to give her more cover in there & changed her large exo terra water dish for a sterilised & well rinsed peanut butter lid for her water, as that frees up a little floor space for her.

Yester the lady was under cover all day after I had collected her. But this morning she is out & was not at all bothered by my camera flash when I took some photo's. I just wished she looked this purple in real life. And yes I know..It's the males that are the brightest in this species.

free image hosting

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on your new addition :)- would love to see more pics as from the one you posted she looks very leggy.. Here's a pic of my MM platyomma for comparison not the
IMG_20190914_100015.jpg
greatest as taken through the glass with a flash...

AndrewClayton

Yesterday I acquired a female Pamphobeteus platyomma, complete with a reasonable sized & well set up exo terra enclosure.

She has around 3 inches of substrate & there seems to be no signs of burrowing. so I will leave it at that. I think. I have moved the artificial plants a few inches to cover up the front of her decorative terracotta plant pot, to give her more cover in there & changed her large exo terra water dish for a sterilised & well rinsed peanut butter lid for her water, as that frees up a little floor space for her.

Yester the lady was under cover all day after I had collected her. But this morning she is out & was not at all bothered by my camera flash when I took some photo's. I just wished she looked this purple in real life. And yes I know..It's the males that are the brightest in this species.

free image hosting
These are nice I need to get a Pamphobeteus in my collection

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on your new addition :)- would love to see more pics as from the one you posted she looks very leggy.. Here's a pic of my MM platyomma for comparison.

Hmmm, now previous owner said in advertisment that she was female & she certainly seemed to believe that. So that is what I described her as. But this morning when I got up my female platyomma was not tucked up with her nose against the bark & I got a better look at her..

And I think you are right. A bit leggy. And that certainly look like a hook to me. So not so much a Debbie, more a Harry, me thinks.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmm, now she said she advertised her as a female But this morning when I got up she was not tucked up with her nose against the bark & I got a better look at her..

And I think you are right. A bit leggy. They looks like hooks to me. So not so much a Debbie, more a Harry, me thinks.

I'd agree with that as soon as I saw your photo I thought it was male.. Enjoy him they are lovely Ts my one is very calm and hasn't burrowed at all :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
At least you'll get to enjoy those brighter colours, and if he's making sperm webs you may be able to get him out on a breeding loan (most breeders do prefer recently matured males for increased chance of fertility), and hopefully end up with some slings that turn out female!!

Latest posts