• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My male C. darlingi will not eat

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When I first acquired my C. darlingi it was a spiderling and I raised it up with all its environmental needs and it was quite a voracious eater! He has molted several times 6 to be exact in 1 Year and I saw the tibial hooks finally appear. He just molted in October and since then he only ate 1 cricket and now he refuses all prey items and is in a corner of his terrarium surrounding himself with web. I never seen behavior like this before what could be the issue? Thank you for any input!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Males rarely eat...they however drink alot. I feed my mature male every 2-3 weeks. Males mostly make sperm webs and look for females. Foods the last thing on their minds. Make sure he has a large water dish because dehydration is the biggest problem with mature males. Some of my males have a hard time killing prey after obtaining their new pedipalps. I offer them injured prey items so it's easier for them, crush the heads of worms and roaches or remove legs from crickets.

Latest posts