• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Lp has done it again only 2 weeks later

katec

3 Year Member
So Zeus my 2 year old Lp has made yet another sperm web only 2 weeks after the last time? i wasn't expecting this again so soon, his been kicking up all the substrate in his enclosure and cleared it all out from under his log lol i hope this is all normal, i know it is certainly very interesting

Fleas

3 Year Member
Awesome glad to hear it I wish my mature male E Sp red made sperm webs that often. Mater of fact I have not seen him make one sperm web he trys but ends up flattening it out as he goes it's funny watching him be a failure

katec

3 Year Member
It is amazing to watch, his very active after acts like he is trying to escape, even had his fangs biting on cage

SasyStace

3 Year Member
My Curly hair went nuts after his last molt (he matured on his last molt) he began doing sperm web all over sometimes 5-6 times a day then he would take it all down- he also tore his cage apart his hide and everything- it was actually pretty sad bc I am sure he just wanted to get some sexy lady T to make babies with- it's really turned me off buying anything other than females. I am considering shipping him out to someone for free with the stipulation they send me a sexed female when the time comes.. I just want him to get some before his time comes ;)

katec

3 Year Member
My Curly hair went nuts after his last molt (he matured on his last molt) he began doing sperm web all over sometimes 5-6 times a day then he would take it all down- he also tore his cage apart his hide and everything- it was actually pretty sad bc I am sure he just wanted to get some sexy lady T to make babies with- it's really turned me off buying anything other than females. I am considering shipping him out to someone for free with the stipulation they send me a sexed female when the time comes.. I just want him to get some before his time comes ;)
I do feel bad as he obviously really wants some lol but i only just got him so have no plans to ship him off

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I do feel bad as he obviously really wants some lol but i only just got him so have no plans to ship him off
Many people feel that way, especially people new to the hobby. If I get attached to a male it's simple for me...I find a mature female for him. If you look, you will find one. It will cost you though...I'm currently looking for a mature female boehmei for my male, and he's only 4 inches, max, and not mature yet. I can't ship him though, so it means I'm getting a female. The hit to the wallet will be balanced by the excitement of breeding, possibly having a bunch of babies from a species I love, and a big new mature female that will live for years and years. :)

Last edited:

katec

3 Year Member
Perfectly normal. Find him a girl! I have a female I'm

Many people feel that way, especially people new to the hobby. If I get attached to a male it's simple for me...I find a mature female for him. If you look, you will find one. It will cost you though...I'm currently looking for a mature female boehmei for my male, and he's only 4 inches, max, and not mature yet. I can't ship him though, so it means I'm getting a female. The hit to the wallet will be balanced by the excitement of breeding, possibly having a bunch of babies from a species I love, and a big new mature female that will live for years and years. :)

If i could afford to provide him a female and breed them i would but unfortunately i can not. I'm sorry if anyone thinks i shouldn't have him if i can't do this or that i am wasting him :( Maybe i could look into someone local looking to breed but can not afford to get the male? i have heard people do this

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If i could afford to provide him a female and breed them i would but unfortunately i can not. I'm sorry if anyone thinks i shouldn't have him if i can't do this or that i am wasting him :( Maybe i could look into someone local looking to breed but can not afford to get the male? i have heard people do this
You're not wasting him..some people just have rigid opinions :) That changes with age, usually..I used to be the same way so I don't get too excited about it. By all means, search locally, you never know when you'll find someone in your area with the same interests as you. As long as you make an effort, there's no waste. My male stirmi matured and died a virgin. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my @3!. :)

katec

3 Year Member
You're not wasting him..some people just have rigid opinions :) That changes with age, usually..I used to be the same way so I don't get too excited about it. By all means, search locally, you never know when you'll find someone in your area with the same interests as you. As long as you make an effort, there's no waste. My male stirmi matured and died a virgin. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my @3!. :)
Your awesome :) thank you! i LOVE my T very much and have wanted him since i was a little girl hehe i am going to look locally as like u say u never know someone could be interested :) My dog has matured and will die a virgin but his still very happy lol

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't how you can compare a dog to a tarantula though. They're completely different animals, especially when it comes to their reproductive habits. Dogs are domesticated animals, not allowing them to reproduce is actually a good thing a lot of times. With spiders, a males entire purpose in life is to mate. That's why males are so short-lived compared to females. I don't get why you can't just find someone here or on another forum who is willing to buy him and then just ship him. It's entirely up to you of course, I just don't see why you wouldn't do that.

I'm sorry if I come across as an a**hole to some of you here, but I believe in being honest with people, which will sometimes require me to be rather blunt. I'm not going to hold everyone's hand though and be and kiss up to people constantly just to make it seem like I'm a nice guy. I do what I can to help people, but I don't need to baby people through everything or add 3 smilies after every sentence just to appear friendly to certain people. Anyway I apologize for this rant but it was just something that I feel needed to be addressed.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I don't how you can compare a dog to a tarantula though. They're completely different animals, especially when it comes to their reproductive habits. Dogs are domesticated animals, not allowing them to reproduce is actually a good thing a lot of times. With spiders, a males entire purpose in life is to mate. That's why males are so short-lived compared to females. I don't get why you can't just find someone here or on another forum who is willing to buy him and then just ship him. It's entirely up to you of course, I just don't see why you wouldn't do that.

I'm sorry if I come across as an a**hole to some of you here, but I believe in being honest with people, which will sometimes require me to be rather blunt. I'm not going to hold everyone's hand though and be and kiss up to people constantly just to make it seem like I'm a nice guy. I do what I can to help people, but I don't need to baby people through everything or add 3 smilies after every sentence just to appear friendly to certain people. Anyway I apologize for this rant but it was just something that I feel needed to be addressed.

Well I want to be babied soooo you've got some decisions to make.. Just sayin ;)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

A person that's new to the hobby isnt going to want to box up their pet and ship it to a stranger for a breeding session that could very well end badly. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that.
As far as smilies and being nice to people, especially people new to the hobby, well that's just a personal choice there, Chubb's. Sometimes bluntness is called for, sometimes it's rude. Personally, I was raised to be kind to people that have done me no wrong, especially females. To each their own though. Just don't complain if people do think you're an ass, its pointless.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A person that's new to the hobby isnt going to want to box up their pet and ship it to a stranger for a breeding session that could very well end badly. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that.
As far as smilies and being nice to people, especially people new to the hobby, well that's just a personal choice there, Chubb's. Sometimes bluntness is called for, sometimes it's rude. Personally, I was raised to be kind to people that have done me no wrong, especially females. To each their own though. Just don't complain if people do think you're an ass, its pointless.

There's a difference between being polite and kind and then simply kissing up to people to make one's self seem nicer. Just saying. You'd be quite surprised, I actually have a reputation both at work and amongst my friends for being very likable and laidback. Not trying to be personal in any way, I just honestly feel I have been misjudged here.

As far as as someone inexperienced with shipping tarantulas, well if what's keeping the OP from shipping is a fear of shipping or not knowing how to, there is just so much information available on the internet now, that there's really no need to feel this way. I'm actually going to be uploading a how-to video on shipping onto my website hopefully in the next few days. For anyone interested, I'll be demonstrating the entire process step by step, to make it as simple as possible to understand.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So let me ask you a question. Say you just met a lady who said the exact same thing the poster did. Would your response be " What a waste of a male". Because Chubbs, if the answer is yes, you're a bit of an asshole. If the answer is no, perhaps you need to realize there's a person on the other end of an internet conversation. And if you feel the need to call me a kiss ass again, just say it, dont act like an ass with a female and mince words with a man. It doesn't look good.

Last edited:

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So let me ask you a question. Say you just met a lady who said the exact same thing the poster did. Would your response be " What a waste of a male". Because Chubbs, if the answer is yes, you're a bit of an asshole. If the answer is no, perhaps you need to realize there's a person on the other end of an internet conversation. And if you feel the need to call me a kiss ass again, just say it, dont act like an ass with a female and mince words with a man. It doesn't look good.
I know I wouldn't say something like that, so I don't even need to answer that question. So are you suggesting I don't respect women? Despite finding that extremely insulting, I don't feel the need to explain myself to you. You can think what you want. What really irks me is the fact that you come on this forum and start acting like an ass towards me just because you disagree with my viewpoints on what species aren't good for beginners, you insult me several times in the process, and then you're gonna go around acting all nice towards everyone else, except for those who don't share your opinion on certain subjects. I try to avoid confrontations as often as I can, but this is seriously getting out of hand. I may actually be deleting my account I think. It was nice talking to everyone here.

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know I wouldn't say something like that, so I don't even need to answer that question. So are you suggesting I don't respect women? Despite finding that extremely insulting, I don't feel the need to explain myself to you. You can think what you want. What really irks me is the fact that you come on this forum and start acting like an ass towards me just because you disagree with my viewpoints on what species aren't good for beginners, you insult me several times in the process, and then you're gonna go around acting all nice towards everyone else, except for those who don't share your opinion on certain subjects. I try to avoid confrontations as often as I can, but this is seriously getting out of hand.
That's a nice little speech Chubbs, but look back at my comments. Many people have disagreed with me, the only person I insulted was you, because I don't like you, or your passive aggressive crap, and you remind me of every fool that ever made snarky comments on arachnolords... You know, the forum you just can't stand to have criticized. If you can't spend as much time on a forum as you do and not be a silky boy when someone makes a comment or asks a question, maybe you should go back to AB..And uh, in response to the quoted post above me.. you posted that exact comment to the female poster of this thread...so if you wouldn't say that, why did you type it? Scroll up, Einstein..By the way Chubbs, back when you started the first one, when you accused me of being irresponsible for suggesting a beginner get a deadly Psalmopoeus, you seemed quite against it. But I noticed in a later post, to a beginner, you suggested the exact same thing. So what exactly were you doing, other than trying to look wise and then backpedaling, because someone called you on it? Is this about a real point of contention, or are your panties wadded up again? And when I get irritated at your smarmy little comments, and show some color, you get defensive, just like right now "This is seriously getting out of hand" ....FFS...You'll sit there and insinuate I'm an asskisser for being nice, then when I say something back,"OH LORDY IT'S GETTING OUT OF HAND" Grow a spine, boy.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Looking forward to the video, I've got a male I need to ship out for breeding and this will be my first time so the more videos I can watch the better prepared.

Latest posts