• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first time experience at the reptile expo

Kuuvang

Today I went to the reptile expo.

I had list of tarantulas and one scorpion in mind to get. The expo was great! Tarantulas vendors didnt have the tarantulas I was looking for and didnt have any emperor scorpion. ;(

I got a free sling though, but i already have a curly hair tarantula lmao

I had a very fun experience, but didnt have what I wanted to buy :eek:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Today I went to the reptile expo.

I had list of tarantulas and one scorpion in mind to get. The expo was great! Tarantulas vendors didnt have the tarantulas I was looking for and didnt have any emperor scorpion. ;(

I got a free sling though, but i already have a curly hair tarantula lmao

I had a very fun experience, but didnt have what I wanted to buy :eek:
One cannot have too many B. albopilosum, that's why I have 4, and members like @Phil and @Arachnoclown probably have more than 8.

Kuuvang

Lol I might become one of those people too XD

Not tarantulas related, but?
Does anyone know happen to the emperor scorpion? They were all replace by the super aggressive Asian forest scorpion. Their price also sky rocketed. :( there was one available, but at the cost of 80$ :O.

Ranger94

Does anyone know happen to the emperor scorpion? They were all replace by the super aggressive Asian forest scorpion. Their price also sky rocketed. :( there was one available, but at the cost of 80$ :O.
Don't know if ur come the States but I find emperors all day a my local petco for 50 bucks but mine is mean as crap as

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

@Austin S. May know

Kuuvang

Yeah, I'm from the state of Minnesota.

Idk?, lol the Asian forest scorpion just have this bad temperament? Maybe scorpions have individual personality just like tarantulas.

Ranger94

Try Petco they had mine up for a while and knocked the price to 30 or 40 bucks but it's super mean I have to use thongs to get water dish out and feed my ts I can just sticky hand in and get water dishes out

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are Honduran and Nicaraguan variance of brachypelma albiceps?

No @Kuuvang they are varients of Brachypelma Albopilosum-like you have:)
the Nicaraguan is known as the true curly haired form and the Honduran although the same species hasn't quite the same colour or as much curly hair:)
I'm sure @Arachnoclown or @Phil will be happy to put pics to show the difference between the two?:)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol opz did I say albiceps, that was a mistake XD

But a photo of them would be awesome!
consider it done my friend. :)
Nicuraguan form on the left, Honduran on the right.. Both adult females.
20190709_200622.jpg

Avicularia Kael

They are now protected so only captive bred are available.

Latest posts