• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first T bite

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well after 10 years of keeping Ts and never had a bite or being haired all changed today during rehousing, my Ornithoctonus aureotibialis (about 2" dls) made a bid for freedom twice. First time I caught Kymer in the confines of the tub I had new and old containers in, with a catch cup. Playing safe I just put T still in the catch cup into new home and left Kymer to calm down for a few minutes.
When I went back to remove the catch cup Kymer was ready and ran, this time up and over the side of the tub too. unfortunately the T was on the handle so I wasn't able to use the catch cup. What else could I do but use my hand to guide it back into the tub at which point I felt a prick on the palm of my hand. At least I managed to get Kymer into the new container but it's still sitting in the catch cup.
I have the tiniest little blister (in the circle in the photo) which doesn't seem to be getting any bigger.
I'll keep you posted if there is any change.

DSCF6967(1).jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ouch. I hope it all goes well for you. Like you, I have never been bitten by a Tarantula.

Latest posts