• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first scorpion! - Smeringurus mesaensis

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would think it's probably getting ready to moult. I don't know the habits of this species personally, but it's not unusual for a burrowing species to avoid both the extremes of winter and summer by sealing themselves in their burrow for a month or two, but usually juveniles use the time to moult and adult females give birth. It might just be it's internal clock telling it that it's winter.

Avicularia Kael

Officially it hasn't eaten for a month. The last time I fed it it was on 1/5/19. That was the last day I ever saw it eat. I have left crickets in there and they disappear but maybe the get buried in the sand? It was fed 2 crickets that day. It was the day I got it too. I assume it is

Avicularia Kael

image.jpg
Mixed the sub with some kind of clay sand from my neighborhood (perfectly clean). I made it a starter burrow and it has already dug out some more.

Latest posts