• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first ever Mystery Box

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Many thanks to Orion of @spidersworld.eu for making my day. I've always been tempted but never ordered a Mystery Box but as I wanted a Neostenotarsus sp Suriname I thought I'd go for it ordering an advanced box (£11.11). Orion excelled himself by sending me a Hysterocrates laticeps and to my joy having recently lost my Peanut to a very bad moult, a Stromatopelma calceatum. :D:D:D
Superb packaging as always and their heat pad was still warm plus they had travelled in a nice warm van for the 2 days it took them to get here.

Neostenotarsus sp Suriname, Winti
DSCF4380.JPG

DSCF4382.JPG

Hysterocrates laticeps, Nok. Already had a threat pose and an attempted escape.
DSCF4389 (2).JPG

Stromatopelma calceatum, Sahara
DSCF4388 (2).JPG

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Nice new additions Ennie, looks like you made out pretty well, I've always wondered about those mystery boxes, if they're really worth it or not. In your case, looks like it was definitely worth it:D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice new additions Ennie, looks like you made out pretty well, I've always wondered about those mystery boxes, if they're really worth it or not. In your case, looks like it was definitely worth it:D

The N. sp Suriname wasn't in the Mystery Box, I bought that separately, but the other 2 were definitely worth it moneywise with the added element of surprise and the joy of getting another S.calc. having just lost my other hairy legged friend :D

Nunua

3 Year Member
Oo, the wait is over! Nice additions. I'm happy to hear that you got a new S. calc. so the amount of hairy legs is no longer too small :D

Latest posts