• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Evelyn's Gone

VanessaS

3 Year Member
She died overnight. I knew it was coming, but I am still miserable over her death. I probably should have put her in the freezer at some point, but I just couldn't bring myself to. I didn't want to give up on her.
This is really horrible. I feel as if I let her down - that this is my fault somehow. That I didn't recognize the signs of something being wrong earlier when I could have done something for her. She has been with me for so long and I can't imagine her not being around. I really hope it was just that she was really old and not something going wrong without me catching it.
This really sucks.
:(

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She was old honey, I am so damn sorry,
Don't beat yourself up. I doubt anyone could have worried or done any more for her then you did.

Rmac88

3 Year Member
So sorry to hear this :( Just know that you gave her a much longer, happier, fulfilling and peaceful life than she would have ever had the chance of having in the wild. Even in her last days she was at peace with you and had the quiet, dignified passing she deserved. You did good by her, and its certainly not your fault shes passed.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Condolences @VanessaS . :( We outlive these guys, just part of the gig, but she had a good home with u. lived a long stress free life with no worry about predators or having to work for her next meal. she had a good life with you! And now her suffering is over.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Evelyn will always have the biggest piece of my heart - regardless of how many come after her. She started it all. She was always so sweet and cooperative and changed so many minds about spiders and, at the same time, taught me patience and made me love spiders even more than I did before she came home with me. She was the best ambassador for her kind that I will ever have.
_DSC7522-2.jpg

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
She died overnight. I knew it was coming, but I am still miserable over her death. I probably should have put her in the freezer at some point, but I just couldn't bring myself to. I didn't want to give up on her.
This is really horrible. I feel as if I let her down - that this is my fault somehow. That I didn't recognize the signs of something being wrong earlier when I could have done something for her. She has been with me for so long and I can't imagine her not being around. I really hope it was just that she was really old and not something going wrong without me catching it.
This really sucks.
:(
Sorry for ur loss. U did a great job caring for her, and I'm sure she was comfortable having you take great care right up til the end. It's all we can ask for

Latest posts