• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baybeees

Viscus

3 Year Member
Spider-Matt. It is not an abuse problem. Think of this. Something alot bigger then you kept you in a cage, and made your environment suitible for you. You would be happy in said cage. However said creature begins taking you out of the cage. Causing you stress due not only to new environment, but sounds, smells, vibrations, and a large range of other factors. You would begin to develope health problems due to high stress levels which in humans can lead to heart attacks. Now take te fact you bite them one day yes. Then before you can release the creature picks you up by your teeth, which mind you are not made to hold your weight by any means. I can only assume the pain you would feel is the same as your spider who mind you was not made to hang from their fangs.

They may be your "babies", but you have not shown that in these videos. Friend, I ask you to step back, and take a second look. As you are putting them in a high stress environment, which in most cases any organizem would run from if given the chance. Friend, the things I have seen in your videos goes agenist everything I have learned as I did research into this hobby.

Also you have been lucky that these Ts have not developed an illness from being outside. This goes beyond "changing a spider". In more ways then one this could even be seen as abuse. Treat them with the same respect, and tender care you would want some giant creature to treat you. Please?

Viscus

3 Year Member
Thank you Spider-Matt. You can still spread the word about them, but I would do it in a way where you show respect to the Ts. That way others will do the same.

Ghost

3 Year Member
you don't hold her?
Really after 4 pages of people telling you that what you do with your T's is irresponsible you still go and ask a stupid question like that,there really is no hope of you ever changing your ways is there.

Now just to make it clear to you nobody in their right mind is going to intentionally hold an OBT or any old world T for that matter.....

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
I guess I need to learn that my trantulas are not for my entertainment or for the entertainment of the people in my city
I never intentionally hold any of my Ts and I'm certainly not going to try to hold the OBT who is happy in her hidey hole. I prefer to watch them do what Ts do naturally.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I guess I need to learn that my trantulas are not for my entertainment or for the entertainment of the people in my city

They will still entertain you but by their natural behaviour which I find fascinating and in doing so you can teach other people to respect them and care for them properly.

Viscus

3 Year Member
I guess I need to learn that my trantulas are not for my entertainment.

I would not say that. Take my Aphonopelma chalcodes for example. Burry has taken to digging a super deep burrow, and has sealed himself (unsexed) in the bottom of his encloser. He has made this large dome under the substrate, and I fine this amazing. This has been going on for about a week, and I am amused that Burry feels relaxed enough to do what he would in the wild.

Latest posts