• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moving

ChazJ

3 Year Member
So I want to move my B. Smithi into her new tote I got her. It's much bigger than the one she's in now & has quite a bit of space for her to move around freely, but I have an issue of trying to move her. She seems to be a bit more aggressive than the average B. Smithi. When I tap her abdomen w/ a straw, she flicks hairs almost every time I do it. (I don't do it a lot, but probably once every two weeks to see if her attitude has gotten any better.)

She's also very fast, which makes me worried to scoop her into a plastic container for a very short time.

Any tips?
Thanks all!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Try placing a plastic container directly over her, then slide a piece of thin cardboard underneath her. This way it's easy to get her safely in the container and you can hold the cardboard over the top until you are ready to let her out again.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I echo what Sabeth said and here's someone else's video on how it's done!

Latest posts