• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Most anticlimactic feeding video ever.

SpellKaster4

Thanks! It really wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't like dubias lol. I started a colony on accident so I got tons. My LP is a garbage disposal but my porteri refuses literally everything except crickets. It would be my luck that nothing I have wants to eat them lol.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a similar experience with my colony of red runners, only our spiders are interested in them. Our lizards prefer crickets and the kids are literally sick of bring offered roaches for every meal - I don't know what to do with all these damn roaches :D buy more spiders I guess :T:

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thanks! It really wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't like dubias lol. I started a colony on accident so I got tons. My LP is a garbage disposal but my porteri refuses literally everything except crickets. It would be my luck that nothing I have wants to eat them lol.
Hi
Dubias like to play dead and burrow. I crush their heads to prevent it and induce better feeding response.They live few days like that so if not eaten can give it to some other T.
Regards Konstantin

SpellKaster4

Hi
Dubias like to play dead and burrow. I crush their heads to prevent it and induce better feeding response.They live few days like that so if not eaten can give it to some other T.
Regards Konstantin
Yeah, I've learned that over the time of having the dubia. I might try crushing the head of one next time I feed my porteri but that little butthead has turned them down before. It's funny, doesn't seem to matter of it's a roach, worm, or whatever. Wiggling or sitting still. It just investigates them and follows them a bit before losing interest. But if I drop a cricket in it grabs it instantly each time. We'll see with my A. Seemanni, I'll try some tricks next feeding to get a stronger response. I'm just glad it took the dubia. I don't need two problem children lol.

Latest posts