• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molting????

Erika75

Ok ... I'm confused if my avic is molting or what's going on? I have never seen it like this and I've had this T since February.. I'm really stressing .. I have pics .. Could someone please help me? ):

Erika75

This is how My Avic avic has looked and been since about ... Well I seen it like this about 4:30 am this morning.. I am sooooooo confused .. if someone could PLEASE shed some light on this for me I would be so appreciative!!!!

Attachments

• 20200428_084405.jpg
    20200428_084405.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

Erika75

I've never seen it like this tho? And it's been in this same position since about 4:30 this morning? If it was molting it's legs are not stretched it's like it's huddled. Sorry if I am not wording this right. I'm really worried ): I haven't bothered it at all tho..

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It looks ok to me. How long do you have her in that terrarium? Does she have a hide?

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She can molt in all different kind of positions. I had one of mine molting while standing in a normal position, just her butt was touching the ground...

Erika75

I have had her in this terrarium for about 2 months or so.. yes she has a bamboo hide that when I first set this terrarium up it would ALWAYS go down in it. But since I e got this T it's only webbed some web from side of tank to top of the bamboo & some web off the back of the tank to the other side of the bamboo hide lol It's NEVER like webbed .. I've watched it clean itself.. I've watched it go down and drink from it's drinking dish .. it has ate perfect for me every single time I've offered food.. Now yesterday I've offered her a mealworm which I thought was superworms I was buying lol She totally tagged at it.. like she wasn't hungry or she wasn't having it near it.. The thing that's has me SUPER worried is I haven't seen ANY movement at ALL & however she is in the pic is how she still is.. Do u think maybe she has began to molt & maybe died? And on top of it it is on the front of the terrarium which is the door ): Her water is full & I have NOT bothered it in any way.. Everything I've read watched and learned I know that's the best to do..

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The best advice I can give, just wait and see. Others will chime in as well. I would not bother it at all. Some may sit a long time like that without moving...
You think the bamboo hide might getting small for her and that is why she is not getting in?

Erika75

Yeah .. it could be! I'm learning day bye day .. if it is molting after it has finished bc it is going to be beautiful I'm going to buy another terrarium taller & some more fake plants and a bigger hide lol Thanks for chatting with me.. :)

Erika75

Yeah .. I've seen it for days like that also.. it was weird the way she looked the other morning.. I do know it's in pre molt bc I've offered food (crickets) twice & doesn't want anything to do with them. Actually turned it's back to it lol I'm curious if I have to much in the terrarium if I send a pic on here could you please let me know your thoughts? I've read many times the more in I guess fake plants the more they like to feel like there behind stuff? But... Haha still sits on the glass.. I also have a nice piece of bark in there for it.. I replaced the bamboo tube with it bc it wasn't going down in the tube any more And it's big that I thought it could do it's things on it (hammock) when molting? This molting has got me a nervous wreck lol

Latest posts