• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MOLTING HELP!

Jackie&fangs

3 Year Member
He can barely move his legs when he walks.. Is that normal? But he is producing webbing around him. I'm guessing he is just trying to make it all comfortable for himself?

I've now completely blocked out any light, made sure the temp and humidity is ok.. And just letting him rest.. So any other advice would also be very helpful :)

I'm just so happy he is alive!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad, all went well. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the abdomen looks that small. They always look smaller after a molt, it's completely normal. As for movement: the bigger Ts often take longer to regain full control over the limbs than slings or juves. Remember they don't just shed their skin like snakes, but their exoskeleton. You'll find him doing his Yoga exercises (stretches and flexes) over the next few days or even weeks.
This is my Geniculata stretching:
IMG_6787_zps9a276d76.jpg

P.S: were you able to get the molt out? Maybe you can try and sex it (or post a picture).

Ghost

3 Year Member
His abdomen is very small though.. Does that mean he's very dehydrated? When should I put some crickets in there?

I'm glad that's he's fine I really feared the worst when you said that he hadn't moved since Wednesday,As for feeding him you should wait a week after the molt before you try feeding him as long as he as a full water dish for drinking he shouldn't dehydrate...

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What side did you need to see?
The inside.
the bit between the book lungs. It'll probably be dry and twisted, but you can sprinkle a couple of drops of water with dishwashing detergent(don't soak it, it'll rip) on it and gently unfold it. Have a look at the "How to sex your Tarantula" sticky.

Jackie&fangs

3 Year Member
I actually just you tubed it!! That is so bloddy fascinating! I'll certInly try it out in the morning..

So if fangs is out and about doing fine but still very weak m.. Is there still a chance that I could lose him? Apparently even after a molt it's still pretty high in chances they don't survive.. Or am I just being paranoid.. Haha .

Latest posts