• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Missing leg

shaun

3 Year Member
I noticed today that my A.avic has 7 legs!!!
I'm 99% sure that he has lost one. Can't find it in the enclosure though. He ate up today, so hopefully he will continue sans leg until it grows back.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
My juvenile female C versicolor is missing a pedipalp atm.Only noticed after the rehouse so no idea when happened.She is not bothered the slightest as said above
Regards Konstantin

SullivanC

It sucks when they miss a leg but good news is they will regrow their leg again in next molt and maybe after like 3-4 successful molt the area where they used to miss a leg that new leg would look just as big as all the other legs so you wont even know anymore if there was missing leg there :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Reputable dealers like The Spider Shop sell tarantulas with only 7 legs. I have brought a couple of mystery gimp boxes. That is a mystery selection of tarantulas with 7 legs.

Watching a T regrow leg is one of nature's true marvels. At it's next molt the leg will return, but be very thin. At the molt after that, you will get a normal leg back.

shaun

3 Year Member
I've never heard of gimp boxes! but have read many times that legs grow back

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you want to buy one, you need to keep an eye on the special offers page on The Spider Shops website & be quick when they pop up, as they go quickly.

Latest posts