• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Microclimate ideas??

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok so if I decided to make a microclimate for my Ts how could I go about it and maximize space? My bedroom is tiny. And how would I go about getting the Ts I currently own used to the temp changes? I think this might be a good way to go. Also can I use a regular storage cabinet with regular doors or do they need light cycle? Thanks

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
honestly, unless you live in an area with extreme weather conditions (like I do) I don't see much point to an MC. I live in a desert and I still don't use one.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
o ok well I had emailed Paul Becker and he said I needed one. Said I would have molting problems especially with tropical Ts.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm actually a big fan of Pauls, but in this instance I disagree with him, I live in Arizona, and my Megaphobema Robustum and T.Stirmi (They're about as tropical as it gets) all molt just fine.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Room temps is fine for slings. I let my t room get down in the low 60s at night during the winter and have never had an issue whatsoever. I did use a microclimate (sort of) one winter for little slings but that was mostly to keep them growing. I wanted to get them out of that teeny tiny stage as soon as possible.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok great I have converted an old entertainment center into a T cabinet. I just now have to figure out how to lock it to keep my 2 yr old out LOL! She is fascinated by them and she says "I luv em mama" LOL Think I see an up and coming T enthusiast.:)

Latest posts