• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Member signiture modifications

syzygy

3 Year Member
Scoolman said:
You know, I just realized, I have had a hyper link to my blog in my sig for years, for as long as I have been on this forum. I wonder what has changed
Ding Ding Ding....this was the point I was about to make. I think that something happened in the process of adding the new mods. I would assume that there is a setting for either allowing hyperlinks in signatures or allowing use of the "URL" BBcodes in signatures. If only we knew a mod who could change one of those settings...;)

I honestly have never been a mod so I have no clue what options do or don't exist...just a thought.

Last edited:

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, only Josh can has that sort of access. As far as I know the new mods have very limited permissions.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have emailed Josh asking if it would be possible to set the signature box so that people can put their collections in a hyperlink or even a dropdown box so we shall see what he can do.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We don't use signatures on the CAD forums here at work, but if i recall it should be similar to allowing codes in the actual posts, just check the boxes for what can be done in the sigs, but that could be dependant on what flavor or version of phpbb is being used.

@Scoolman if you want a whack at mine (again :D) go for it. If we can make it the way it is now, but with "Click!" for the link that'd be perfect.

Never mind :p you already did it lol :D thanks!!

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
We don't use signatures on the CAD forums here at work, but if i recall it should be similar to allowing codes in the actual posts, just check the boxes for what can be done in the sigs, but that could be dependant on what flavor or version of phpbb is being used.

@Scoolman if you want a whack at mine (again :D) go for it. If we can make it the way it is now, but with "Click!" for the link that'd be perfect.

Never mind :p you already did it lol :D thanks!!

Links in your sig don't work for me.... :(

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Phil, put the url's to your pages on your sig line. I will repair your hyperlinks
Should be on my signature now. Please note, already have a spoiler thanks to Kymura, but if you can also get links to work that will be great.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Phil, put the url's to your pages on your sig line. I will repair your hyperlinks
As if by magic.......thanks @Scoolman you are a star :) looks like my signature links are finally working.yippee. massive thanks to @Kymura too for all her help and making my spoiler pic look awesome. Thank you both. Really appreciate it. Must get more forum savvy one day. .....lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they need to fix permissions , so folks can put up hyperlinks without aggravating a mod to do it.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
@Scoolman - would you be able to help me too? I have tried BB and HTML coding and I can't seem to get it to work. I would like it to be like your link - without the address being separated and left justified.

Latest posts