• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mature males

Spots

Anyone in the Los Angeles area who has mature male B. Auratum or T. Albopilosus (Nicaragua) please let me know.
I would like to do a 50/50 split on the slings if successful.
Or, if you would like to sell me your penultimate or recently MM outright, let me know.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You should put a similar post in the Marketplace Wanted section

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi i am new member here.
Hi Ahana,
Welcome to the forum! This is where you want to go: https://tarantulaforum.com/forums/introductions.2/
1641580357470.png

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just starting out on breeding. I have tried P.Metallica and A.Geniculata before (none of the males got eaten);)

I am open to purchase the male also.
That's awesome!
Did you produce successful sacs?

Spots

Late response to your question, I missed it.
To answer your question, no, did not produce any sacs even after I thought it was a successful pairing.

The females molted on both occasions (arrhh!)

Just recently paired my T.albo and looks to be a success; the male is still alive. (still viable if anyone needs him)
Hopefully she produces a sac.

And just got a male P.met, just waiting for him to mature now.

Now I need a mature male B.aurutum to pair with my big mama.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Late response to your question, I missed it.
To answer your question, no, did not produce any sacs even after I thought it was a successful pairing.

The females molted on both occasions (arrhh!)

Just recently paired my T.albo and looks to be a success; the male is still alive. (still viable if anyone needs him)
Hopefully she produces a sac.

And just got a male P.met, just waiting for him to mature now.

Now I need a mature male B.aurutum to pair with my big mama.
Gotta make sure the female is ready also. She's got to be fresh (usually within 6 months if shes a young female). A older mature female can be many years from molting. A lot of times pairing will kick the female into molting if she's not fresh. That's why it's good to keep your male around. There's alot more to just having a mature male. Good luck

Spots

Gotta make sure the female is ready also. She's got to be fresh (usually within 6 months if shes a young female). A older mature female can be many years from molting. A lot of times pairing will kick the female into molting if she's not fresh. That's why it's good to keep your male around. There's alot more to just having a mature male. Good luck
100% agree, however I (the males) did not have the luxury of time on their pedipalps.

That was one of the reasons that I just had to pair the pairs when I did.
(I think that goes for most if not all T breeders)

It has a lot to do with timing.

Latest posts