• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US M. balfouri slings. communal species 2 for$100 shipped 2 LEFT ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy G

3 Year Member
I sent you an e-mail with my information. I have a few questions that I did not want to tie up the forum with. Shoot me an e-mail response back if its okay.

swimbait

3 Year Member
Yo Doc,when the sling arrives, any special instructions, reccomendations? Housing?

I'd recommend doing some research if it's a new species to you. These guys are pretty small so a 3+ in vial would work well, or a deli cup. I've raised a lot of P cam slings this size up in 8oz deli cups too. Keep the sub generally moist, not sopping. Although arboreal, they are much more ground dwelling as slings so expect it to make a little den on the ground.

Timmy G

3 Year Member
Depending on his size, I have the deli cup ready or a sanitized coffee jar with altered lid (air holes). I'll improvise when I go hands on and can get a feel for him. The jar is big enough to put a branch in for climbing or substrate for burrowing. Thanks for the advice.

Timmy G

3 Year Member
Hey Doc, Trinidad did not deliver today (no fault of yours) and USPS website has no update from when it shipped out on Tuesday. Should I be worried about my sling? Will he be okay for 3 Or 4 days? Just concerned for my little booger.

swimbait

3 Year Member
Hey Doc, Trinidad did not deliver today (no fault of yours) and USPS website has no update from when it shipped out on Tuesday. Should I be worried about my sling? Will he be okay for 3 Or 4 days? Just concerned for my little booger.

Whats the weather like? He ships with 72hr heat packs so if it makes it there by tomorrow they'll be fine. They'll probably show up tomorow

Timmy G

3 Year Member
NOT A HAPPY CAMPER...Just clicked on Tracking for USPS and found out that my Cambridgei was shipped to Tampa and they are not able to provide me a delivery date. I am two and half hours from the shipper's location....How can they screw that up? NOT AT ALL DOC'S FAULT. I hope my little one will be okay.

Timmy G

3 Year Member
NICE...Just got off of the phone with USPS and they stated that my package will be delivered on Monday. Would not provide me details on the delay (wasn't really expecting them to give me one but figured what the hell....). MEGA PISSED right now. My little dude needs food and water. I wonder if I can talk the USPS lady I spoke with into opening the package up and providing some nutrition and hydration. If it wasn't for work, I'd be on the way up to get him, but by the time I get up there they will be closed.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

swimbait

3 Year Member
NICE...Just got off of the phone with USPS and they stated that my package will be delivered on Monday. Would not provide me details on the delay (wasn't really expecting them to give me one but figured what the hell....). MEGA PISSED right now. My little dude needs food and water. I wonder if I can talk the USPS lady I spoke with into opening the package up and providing some nutrition and hydration. If it wasn't for work, I'd be on the way up to get him, but by the time I get up there they will be closed.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It doesn't need food. Depending how moist the paper towel is it's wrapped in it could be okay. Im taking a guess here that you have never received a T in the mail before? Tarantulas are not shipped in such a way that a usps person could easily access the spider, and provide nutrition at that... the tarantula wouldn't even eat if that was attempted. Is there anyway you could drive up this weekend and get it? You happen to live in the best state temp wise at the moment, but I'd personally be a little worried if it was going to sit on a truck or inside a building this weekend. 70's during the day would not be good for a spider sitting in a stationary truck, it would get too hot. If it is inside it may be fine. Like I said depends how moist the paper towel is. Hope your little guy makes it! If there is a way for you to get it before Monday though, I would definitely recommend it

Timmy G

3 Year Member
I have never ordered a T through mail before. I was being sarcastic about the lady feeding him just cause she sounded really old and It would probably scare the Sh*t out of her. I'm just worried about my T as I hate to think of any animal, except maybe ****roaches, going trough what he is. JUST WORRIED. Thanks for the info SWIMBAIT.

swimbait

3 Year Member
Its definitely an unnerving experience the first time, and unfortunately you are learning the hard way. It could go both ways honestly, if packed good I'd think it could make it. I've ordered from doc and everything arrived here just fine! Good luck keep us posted

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have never ordered a T through mail before. I was being sarcastic about the lady feeding him just cause she sounded really old and It would probably scare the Sh*t out of her. I'm just worried about my T as I hate to think of any animal, except maybe ****roaches, going trough what he is. JUST WORRIED. Thanks for the info SWIMBAIT.
Hey there Timmy! Just some words to ease your worry. Slings are delicate, however, during transit I feel they have more of a survival rate than adults do. It's like they're "almost" resilient to transit. I've had an order get stuck in the mail. Took me 6 days to receive them. They were shipped overnight but it was during that bad snow storm in March. It was 1.1 breeding pair of vagans and a small 1.5" A. minatrix. The vagans arrived in pretty bad shape but I nursed them back to health. The Minatrix (as soon as I opened its container) shot out of its little hole like a bolt of lightning! Very healthy and not a thing wrong with it! Slings can last a few days in the mail. No worries! I'm sure it will be fine! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts