• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lp Breeding Project

VanessaS

3 Year Member
One thing. I've handled this guy like ten times now, but when I took him out this time I had to use a cup. He was very cranky..understandable really..
Yes, you were like the nun at the high school dances that used to put the ruler in between people slow dancing.
Glad that everything went well. He is actually closer to her size which surprised me. I haven't seen a lot of LP's in person, though.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, you were like the nun at the high school dances that used to put the ruler in between people slow dancing.
Glad that everything went well. He is actually closer to her size which surprised me. I haven't seen a lot of LP's in person, though.
Well, his "body" is much smaller, but his long legs make up for it. She was super receptive..but if she wanted to, she could have crushed him after insertion. He pushed her away and ran, but not in a blind panic way, and she watched him go, very sweet the whole time. I'm being quite serious when I say she wanted it, even more then him. It was all about the molt. I'm considering not even mating them again. I saw the insertion. But in truth, I see him slowing down already, and I think it would be wise to be sure..

swimbait

3 Year Member
Breeding LPs and hoping for 2-300 is very hopeful thinking. In all seriousness what is your plan if you end up with 2,000 babies? No way you could sell them all, I honestly think you would struggle getting rid of that many for free lol

swimbait

3 Year Member
Even then you would have like 800 lol All the power to you though! No way I'd pair my LPs

Rmac88

3 Year Member
Breeding LPs and hoping for 2-300 is very hopeful thinking. In all seriousness what is your plan if you end up with 2,000 babies? No way you could sell them all, I honestly think you would struggle getting rid of that many for free lol
Couldn't hurt the rest of us for him to try and give them all away [emoji6]

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
Wow this was a very entertaining thread. Was glad to read he didn't get devoured. Some of my co workers thought I was bonkers sitting here laughing at my computer screen. How is it going if you don't mind me asking? How long does it take for the babies to emerge?

Telson

3 Year Member
You know I looked that up once and forgot what the timeframe was..this is MassExodus btw, cant log into my account, long story..I guess I should look it up again, I'm wondering the same thing. I believe it's around 9 months to a year, don't quote me on that though..I've seem two successful insertions now, so she should be good to go :)

Latest posts