• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lost a leg

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Casey gave me a great deal on an adult female Cobalt Blue. She was missing a leg. It FULLY regenerated after one molt--so anything is possible after a successful molt.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I brought 4 Gimps, (B grade T's) off The Spider Shop, they were all minus a leg. Each grew a new leg the next molt, it was slightly thinner than normal, but perfectly useable. On the second molt each ended up with 8 normal legs.

Edited to add. In a way you are lucky. You are about to witness one of natures truly amazing happenings.

Keymond69

I brought 4 Gimps, (B grade T's) off The Spider Shop, they were all minus a leg. Each grew a new leg the next molt, it was slightly thinner than normal, but perfectly useable. On the second molt each ended up with 8 normal legs.

Edited to add. In a way you are lucky. You are about to witness one of natures truly amazing happenings.
What b grade ts did you get ? I was going to buy that box but went out of stock fast

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She/he decided to molt again and she has 2/3 legs stuck and at what point do I intervene and what can I do

A damp cotton bud or moist soft brush may be enough to gentle ease the old exo off if not she may cast those legs

Latest posts